environmental geochemistry lab
Okane’s environmental geochemistry laboratory was established to provide key information about the physicochemical processes and conditions within waste rock storage facilities and tailings impoundments.
By integrating geochemical, geological, and geophysical information for site specific materials and conditions, Okane believe that a more holistic and realistic conceptual model can be created to identify, and then plan for, environmental effects of waste material storage.
Okane’s dedicated environmental geochemistry laboratory can offer clients:
- Sample receipt and long-term storage;
- Sample preparation; including drying, splitting, crushing, and pulverising;
- Geological logging;
- Total metals by field portable x-ray fluorescence (XRF);
- Paste pH / electrical conductivity (EC), net acid generation (NAG), acid neutralization capacity (ANC), and acid buffering characteristic curve (ABCC);
- Shake flask and leachate extractions;
- Free draining AMIRA leach column testing;
- Okane Advanced Customisable Leach Columns (ACLCs) for long term analysis of site-specific conditions; and,
- Flexibility to accommodate R&D projects.
Why Choose Okane?
Okane approaches testing and analysis from first principles and takes the view that getting testing and analysis right is fundamental to project success.
Okane advocates the following approach to test work:
- Use of in-house materials management, storage and processing facilities for any samples.
- Use of in-house laboratory for select targeted investigations.
- Use of portable XRF technology for the rapid acquisition of a suite of geochemical data, providing quantitative analyses of elements of interest.