Cover System Performance Monitoring, New South Wales
Automated performance monitoring equipment was installed at an active mine in New South Wales to:
- Develop a database of moisture and thermal field responses for calibration of a soil-plant-atmosphere numerical model and ultimately prediction of long-term performance;
- Identify and characterise key mechanisms and processes that control performance;
- Track the evolution of cover performance in response to site-specific physical, chemical and biological processes;
- Quantify the Available Water Holding Capacity (AWHC) and ecosite development in a natural, vegetated area on the property; and,
- Develop confidence with all stakeholders with respect to reclamation performance.